Step 1: enter the Set-Up and Diagnostic Menu
• Turn the ignition key to the on position.
• Press the star button (*) three times. This button is located on the right-hand side of the display.
• Enter the service password and press the star button (*).
• Now that you’re in the service menu, press the 4 or 5 button to go back 1 level if need be. These buttons are located on the right-hand side of the display as well, and they likely have arrows on them like in the picture above.
• Press the star button (*) to show “Main Menu – Passwords.”
• Use the 4 or 5 button to scroll through the menu items. The star button (*) selects a sub-menu item.
Step 2: view the hour meter
• Use the star button (*) to select “Hour Meters.”
• A list of hours should be shown. These include engine, system, hydraulic, and starter hours.
This information applies to Hyster FT series models (like H50FT or S50FT) and Yale VX series models (like Yale GLC050VX or GLP050VX).