Q: How do I clear Caterpillar and Mitsubishi forklift error codes?
A: Clearing codes for Caterpillar and Mitsubishi forklifts is a very precise process. It helps to be familiar with these steps before attempting to clear forklift codes. It is also suggested that you use a stopwatch to time yourself accurately, as many steps require precise amounts of time before proceeding to following steps. The diagram shown is meant to present these steps visually. Be patient–even seasoned Caterpillar and Mitsubishi forklift mechanics get tripped up at times on these procedures!
Having trouble with error codes from another brand? Check out these other helpful links:
- Hyster forklift error codes explained
- GE EV-100 error codes explained
- How to clear Nissan forklift codes
1. Start the stopwatch and turn the forklift key switch on simultaneously. Do not press the accelerator.
2. Wait 3 seconds, then press the forklift accelerator five times in
succession, ending the set of five with the pedal released. You need to do this within 5 seconds–if pushing the accelerator five times in a row takes longer than 5 seconds you risk never clearing the codes.
3. Wait 7 seconds, then press and hold the accelerator for 10 seconds or more until the malfunction indication light starts flashing.
4. Immediately release the accelerator pedal. This starts a self-diagnostic test, and the dashboard display will show one or more blinking forklift DTC codes.
5. Leave the pedal released for 10 seconds or more.
6. Press and hold the accelerator for 10 seconds or more. Doing so erases the results of the self-diagnostic test, successfully clearing the forklift codes. Only the current hour meter will be displayed on the dashboard; no codes should be present.
7. Release the pedal and turn the key switch off.
8. Restart the forklift’s engine and make sure operation of the forklift is normal.
Important note! Any service code related to the pedals themselves (such as brake light switches, etc) will never be cleared by this procedure. The only way to resolve those codes is with the dealer provided service software.
Check out Intella’s Youtube channel for how-to videos and product demonstration videos.