Looking to change the password on your Hyster or Yale forklift? Just follow the instructions below to change your forklift password. Need Hyster forklift parts? Click here
Step 1: enter the Set-Up and Diagnostic Menu
• Turn the ignition key to the on position.
• Press the star button (*) three times. The star button is located on the right-hand side of the display.
• Enter the forklift password and press the star button (*).
• Now that you’re in the service menu, press the 4 or 5 button to go back 1 level if need be. These buttons are located on the right-hand side of the display as well, and they likely have arrows on them like in the picture above.
• Press the star button (*) to show “Main Menu – Passwords.”
• Use the 4 or 5 button to scroll through the menu items. The star button (*) selects a sub-menu item.
Step 2: edit your forklift password
• Use the star button (*) to select “Passwords.”
• Enter your password.
• Use the 4 or 5 button to scroll to “Edit Password” and select it with the star button (*).
• Enter your password again.
• Under “Password Type,” enter your new password.
• Use the star button (*) to select “Save and Exit.”